For good coral growth, saltwater aquariums require optimum buffering with stable carbonate hardness between 6 and 9 °dH. Fluctuations in the pH value, as for example in the case of excess acidity due to excrement and decomposition processes, quickly cause stress and diseases in all the aquarium inhabitants, thereby shortening the life of the young animals.
The triple effect of TRIPLE BUFFER raises the pH value to the optimum range, increases and stabilizes alkalinity and simultaneously supplies essential trace elements to salt water aquariums.
- Helps quickly and reliably when the acidification from fishes and decomposition products has shifted the pH out of the recommended range of 8.1 – 8.4.
- Counteracts when precipitation has lowered the needed alkalinity.
- Provides essential trace elements when absorption by the aquarium population and precipitation reduced the level of trace elements.
- Reduces the stress for all aquarium inhabitants with more stable water conditions.
- Suitable for an aquarium stocked with marine fish, soft corals, LPS, SPS, other filter feeders and/or crustaceans.
Tropic Marin® TRIPLE BUFFER contains carbonates, hydrogen carbonates and trace elements.
Check the carbonate hardness and pH of the aquarium water.
Recommended water values:
- carbonate hardness: 6 – 9 °dH
- pH value: 8,1 – 8,4
If the water values are below the recommended values, add 1 level measuring spoon of TRIPLE BUFFER weekly (or daily, if necessary) per 75 l/20 US-gal. of aquarium water until the desired levels of pH and alkalinity are reached. Sprinkle the measuring spoonful directly on the surface of the aquarium water while stirring the water. One level measuring spoon of TRIPLE BUFFER per 75 l/20 US-gal. of aquarium water increases the carbonate hardness by 1.4 °dH. Do not exceed a carbonate hardness of 9 °dH.
To avoid possible precipitation do not add buffers and calcium supplements at the same time.
If you finish the payment today, your order will arrive within the estimated delivery time.